Vegan Cooking Basics
Saturday May 11th, 11 to 2 -- $49
- More info to come. Contact
ORGANIC GARDENING WORKSHOP
Sun May 19th or Sun June 2nd
A complete exposure to the dynamic world of organic gardening
- Organic gardening foundations, site selection, sod breaking, soil building...
- Our zero-watering approach
- Integrated composting, compost teas and managing your soil using only on-site inputs
- Nourish the soil with plants rather than manures
- Learn the benefits of many weeds and make companion planting intuitive Seed starting, seed saving and seed storage
- Use perennial foods as part of a permaculture garden
- Connecting soil health with plant health & your health
- Employ interdependence within ecosystems; putting biodiversity to work controlling insects, pests, disease and unwanted weeds
- Use seasonal, earthly, further forces & biodynamics
- Inspiration to change your lifestyle so that growing food becomes a priority
- & other avant-garde gardening practices...
PANCAKES FOR PEACE - Event
Sunday April 28th 10 to 1pm
Community breakfast supporting animals and promoting Peace!
Sunday August 4th, 2019
10th Annual Piebird Picnic! See: piebird.org/picnic
Make sure you are signed up to our email list for when 2019 dates are announced, Sign up: http://piebird.org/contact/email
Compassionate Communication Workshop
Creative Activism Workshop
Monthly Vegan Meet-up
Please note: Since the overnight accomodation supports the sanctuary residents, all payments are non refundable unless otherwise noted.
In respect for the sanctuary residents, the guest agrees to not bring any food items that contain animal products onto the property.
If children are staying (Birdhouse Cottage only), parents must follow all guidelines and saftey rules when visiting the sanctuary or meeting the animal residents.
(Two night minimum. Rates based on double occupancy. Special rates may be available for longer stays or special parties, contact us)